5 Organizations Clemson Students Should Join
I’ve never been one of those people who would go to class, come home, do homework…all to just go to bed and do it all over again the next day. I mean, how boring is that?! Not to mention it doesn’t do too much for your résumé. Clemson offers a plethora of clubs and organizations you can join, and if there isn’t one you like–or don’t think any of them are for you–then you can start your own! Getting involved on campus does not mean sacrificing your talents or your interests. Here is a list of organizations you should consider joining during your time in Tigertown.
- Student Media. Now, I’m not including this in the list just because I was a part of it, although I am a bit biased. Whether you are a music junkie, photographer, graphic designer, or just love being on the big screen, there’s definitely a place for you. You can listen to music all the time and deejay with WSBF. If you just need some way to release your frustration from all of that homework (or the annoying people in the library trying to be as loud as possible while you study), you can write an article for the Opinions section of The Tiger. Or hone your photography skills by joining Clemson Photography (CLEMPHOTO). Although not specifically a part of student media, they work with many of the individual groups, and their offices are in the same vicinity. To check out what could be your haven, visit the Student Media suite on the third floor of the Hendrix Center. Someone is always up there and can talk to you about incorporating your interests into something amazing. The possibilities are endless.
- TigerPaw Productions. I absolutely LOVE concerts. Getting together with some friends to rock out and jam is my kind of party. TigerPaw Productions is an organization that adheres to those college student tendencies by promoting major events on campus. This means not only concerts, but other events are held each semester as well. Even famous comedians like Ron White have made an appearance. When you get involved with this organization, you have a firsthand influence on what will go down in Littlejohn. Who knows? You may even get to meet a celebrity.
- International Student Association (ISA). Clemson is a major advocate for diversity, and let’s face it–who doesn’t like listening to foreign accents and eating international food? I sure do. ISA is a great organization to join, allowing its members to meet a bunch of new people. If you are currently taking a foreign language, you should see if there is a club associated with that language and then check it out. You’ll find yourself learning the culture and language better, all while making un otro amigo!
- Resident Hall Association (RHA). Speaking of making new friends, if you live in the dorms, the best way to surround yourself with new people is to become an RA. You’ll quickly get to know everyone on your hall, and the other RA’s in the building as well as other students. It’s a great way to be a leader as well. Oh yeah, and you get paid.
- Ultimate Frisbee. This sport is just plain awesome. Really, though, joining a club sport on campus is a great way to get involved while having fun and staying in shape. If you’re not into frisbee, then you can join other clubs like martial arts and/or self defense where those same things still apply. You’re also acquiring a practical skill.
Regardless of your interests, Clemson has something for you. Now go–do something.
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
Recent Clemson News Articles
RECENT CLEMSON CLASSIFIEDS
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeClemson UniversityUniversity of South CarolinaCollege of CharlestonColumbia CollegeUniversity of South Carolina UpstateFurman UniversityCoastal Carolina UniversityHorry-Georgetown Technical CollegeAnderson UniversityAnderson UniversityBenedict CollegeBob Jones UniversityCharleston Southern UniversityCitadel Military College of South CarolinaClaflin UniversityCoker CollegeConverse CollegeFrancis Marion UniversityLander UniversityLimestone CollegeMedical University of South CarolinaNorth Greenville UniversityPresbyterian CollegeSouth Carolina State UniversitySouthern Wesleyan UniversityUniversity of South Carolina AikenUniversity of South Carolina BeaufortWinthrop UniversityWofford CollegeYork Technical CollegeTri-County Technical CollegeTrident Technical CollegeAiken Technical College Denmark Technical College Florence-Darlington Technical CollegeGreenville Technical College Midlands Technical College Northeastern Technical College Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical CollegePiedmont Technical College Williamsburg Technical College
- By State
- By City